Friday 7 March 2014

March 14: Iceland Day 7

A relaxing day at the Blue Lagoon after the long day yesterday...





You can tell that Mike was impressed with the pampering!


But he applied his face mask!



















There was also some other mud/algae type treatment that you got in small frozen balls. The idea was that you held them in the water for a few seconds to soften them then you applied the goo to your neck and chest.  

This was the queue for the bar!

As we were getting drinks at the same time the woman put the two balls in another plastic wine glass.

I carefully waded over to the side of the lagoon and put the glass down on the edge of the platform (I was also carrying a glass of wine and my camera - all above the water).  The glass promptly blew over in the wind and shot the balls into the lagoon. I could feel them with my feet and managed to pick one of them up before it melted.  There was no way that I was putting my face into that water!  I didn't get the other one - much to Mike's relief!

I then put the one I'd saved carefully behind some rocks - and when I looked again moments later that had disappeared again so it must have blown off somewhere.  I was destined not to try that treatment...








The meal was lovely and it was ok to eat with the bath robes on...







Nice to experience although we found it all quite stressful really so the objective was not achieved!  But the food was delicious.

And even though it was expensive it's one of those things you have to try.  But next time we will use the local baths...


No comments:

Post a Comment